17 Sep Best Cuisine in Rome
You’ve got an itch in your stomach and if you enjoy travelling, Rome is one of the areas where you should go on vacation. The Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, and innumerable opportunities to have fun and enjoy the world’s best cuisine (according to experts). There is a long list of dishes that it’s easy to become confused. Here a few suggestions to enjoy Rome cuisine. The city’s tradition and cuisine is very special.
What are the most famous dishes of Rome?
Let us see a list of these with their original names. So you’ll be able to order them but also to recognise them!
- Bruschetta: the very popular appetizer in Rome. The Romanesco word means “bread that’s lightly burnt”, rubbed with garlic and topped with tomatoes and oil.
- Abbacchio alla scottadito: just roasted lamb chops (they’re served hot).
- Carciofi alla Giudia: artichokes that are tender inside and crunchy outside. It’s a dish that is Jewish.
- Saltimbocca alla Romana: Roman-style veal with cheese and ham.
- Fiori di Zucca: zucchini blossoms, full of anchovies and mozzarella cheese.
- Maritozzi: tender buns with candied orange peels and raisins, usually full of cream.
- Pasta alla Carbonara: spaghetti served in a sauce made with eggs, bacon, pecorino cheese and a little black pepper.
- Pomodori con riso: Tomatoes full of rice, served with tasty roasted potatoes.
- Ciambelle al vino: hard cookies to be dipped in wine as an after dinner.
- Porchetta: pig roasted, typical in the countryside.
- Crostata di ricotta: cheesecake made with ricotta and lemons.
What is the place where cuisine and history come together? The Testaccio rione that is older is the place where you can find the most traditional dishes of Rome. This region was defined “the stomach” of town, and lots of butchers used to live there. Since there were many of them, there’s a Jewish influence in Roman cuisine. Roman cuisine comprises of brain, genitals and pig’s trotters. After eating or trying out this cuisine, one will definitely not ask you laihdutus paljonko proteiinia or how much slim you have gotten. You will definitely eat a lot when you get to Rome and try out their cuisine! It is scrumptious!